Thursday, February 11, 2010

Books, Books and More Books!




So this past year these books designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith were a big seller. I has these on my christmas wish list the second they came out. I collected a few and I love them.

And now I have some more beautiful books to add to my list. I saw images of these books in various places the last few weeks and I could not figure out where they came from, but finally I found them. They are Barnes and Noble Leatherbound Classics and they are amazing..




There are about 20 different books in the collection so far, and the above are just a few of my favorites. This picture does not really do the Alice and Wonderland edition justice, I saw it in the store and the pink is outstanding.



Here is an illustration from Arabian Nights and I love that the page edges are gold embossed.

I'm not usually one to support the large chain bookstores, but I love the way B&N added new life and beauty to these older classics, they make me want to curl up and read.
Images of Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics via: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/discount-books-bargains-classics/379001146

No comments:

Post a Comment